The PRIMUX® KVM Matrix Switch via CAT5 provides non-blocking access for up to 16 simultaneous users to up to 64 servers. The switch frees up valuable space by eliminating large KVM switchboxes and bulky hard-to-manage coax cables.
The PRIMUX system consists of three components: Matrix Switch, connects users to servers; Host Adapters, connect to each server; and User Stations, connect to each set of user-station equipment – keyboard, monitor and mouse. The User Stations and Host Adapters can be located as far as 1,000 feet from each other, and are connected to the matrix switch via CAT5/5e/6 UTP cable.
- Multi-user, multi-platform, multi-rack access.
- Platform-specific host adapters for host connection – PS/2, USB, SUN, Serial.
- Simple plug-and-play auto-configured installation.
- Servers are discovered as they are powered up, and can be accessed immediately by authorized users
- Hot-swap components with no disruption of server operation.
- Supports video resolutions to 1920x1440.
- Automatically adjusts the video quality to compensate for varying lengths of CAT5/5e/6 cable.
- Dedicated microprocessors prevent CPUs from locking up.
- Real time power status of connected servers.
- Command and control provided by OSD of connected User Station.
- Flash upgradeable.